Saturday, March 11, 2023

Alternative Armies: NB2 Dragon A Tale by Mark Stevenson Collector of Asgard Plus 80's Pictures!


Alternative Armies: It is my joy to present a long excellent article containing loads of pictures and history on NB2 Dragon by Nick Bibby. Mark Stevenson life long Asgard fan owns seven of them and gives us his tale on 40 years. Also book and magazine covers, various takes on painting it and so on. On our blog here The 200 limited metal run is nearly 50% sold at this time. Thank you. GBS




1 comment:

Barking Monkey said...

Just read through the account on the AA blog page. Over the past year I've had the pleasure of painting up a number of old 70s/80s vintage RP, Grenadier, Heritage, etc. (possibly including Asgard? I couldn't ID some) figures for a friend of mine. I have to say, for all the well deserved attention the dragon gets, that Rider - whoa! He's got a LOT more surface detail than I'm used to seeing for a figure from that era. (Actually the dragon does too, it just stands out more on the rider for some reason - perhaps b/c I'm more used to working with human(ish) figs from that period.)