Friday, January 28, 2011

Outpost Henry finished!

Hi, here's my finished British outpost Henry! I started the build in June 2010, can believe it took my so long to finish the fort. The fort finally received his corrugated roof and foliage and is now ready to be used in some games (still need to finish off some porters, British and African warriors though!)

Some other post about the build:


I also plan to add a flagpole (thanks to Paul for the tip, I completly forgot that!) and some furniture for the inside of the fort such as field beds, weapon rack, supplies, a stove, ... when I have some good ideas and I'm in a terrain building mood


In this picture you can see a converted 28mm Wargames Factory British officer for scale purposes. He's located at the most fortified side of the fort which is enwalled with large tree trunks. This side of the fort also has a doorway which leads to the enwalled yard.


Here's you can see the front of the fort with the same 28mm figure.


On this picture you can clearly see the corrugated roof which I painted with a variety of grey colors and than added a Devlan Mud wash to represent rain marks.


Another shot of the fort, the foliage used to decorate the base was a homemade mix "woodfoliage", some ordinary green static grass and clumps of foliage. Before I decorated the base with flock I added some plastic plants to make the fort fit with my massive collection of jungle terrain.


And to finish, the fort with his removable rooftop.

Greets,

6 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Nicely done, it look sfantastic!!

Dan said...

Looks great!!

DeanM said...

I like it! I love the terrain in and around it too. Dean

Paul said...

Fantastic work. It looks great!

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Thanks for the comments, I'm happy that the fort is finally finished!

Al said...

Yep, that's a cool fort. I've been thinking about adding colonials to my collection for ages