Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Even more natives!

Hi, Finally there will be a new and steady flow of new blog posts! As I'm trying to finish my unassembled and unpainted Zulu warriors. As I've heard the news that Warlord Games will release their new plastic Zulu's within two weeks! Motivated to finish my Zulu's before I buy some new ones! I've managed to base eight warriors and I have assembled another eight! I hope to finish them before Crisis, fingers crossed. When I finish of these last warriors my Zulu or native army will count 50 warriors! I'm aiming to build my Mbuij Mayian army with some more additionnal Warlord Games Zulu's and some Perry Miniatures Ansars which could also be used as generic Muslim warriors or Barbary pirates!

In the meanwhile I even managed to assemble 16 Victrix Imperial Guard units, well they were just grenadiers from the flank companies but I will use them as a small elite unit! Assembling this unit made me almost mad as the plastic bits are way to fragile for my hands. in progress of assembling a 12-men unit I've managed to break two rifles and one banner pole! Therefor I've decided to make my own banner pole made out of rather strong plastic!

I hope you enjoyed this update and stay tuned for a bunch of purchases within several days!

Greets,

2 comments:

Rodger said...

More Zulus. I have a pack of 30 in the draw waiting to be put together and painted. Maybe one day!

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

yes more! They are nice figures but really time consuming to assemble. The paintjob after the basecoat is probably the fastest I've ever done not more than 10 minutes a miniature without the drying times.