Sunday, October 3, 2010

Russian Cossack battalions

Hi, here's some progress I've made with my 1/72 Russian army! This time I will be focussing on 2 Cossack battalions made out of Revell miniatures. I always wanted to build and paint these units and now I have the opportunity. Today I managed to unsprue, clean and base the horses for the 2 battalions, I also managed to texture 1 battalion with filler (not visible on the pictures).

Each battalion exist:

- 1 mounted commander (1 figure)
- 1 dismounted cossack with horse (1 figure)
- 15 bases (each with 1 mounted figure)

(The dismounted base will probably be used as dismounted marker when I find some dismounted Cossacks)


The horses for the 2 battalions!


The riders still on sprue but already cleaned up.

I haven't got much hobby time recently but I hope you enjoy the rather few posts.

Greets,

1 comment:

Paul said...

Good plans in place, and looking forward to this armies progress.