Saturday, July 4, 2009

15mm modular D-day board (part I)


Finally some photos of my modular D-day board, they aren't quit finished but I wanted to shared them with my fellow wargamers.


Sight from the sea, some impressing bunkers made of only polystrene, tape and filler!! And a lick of cheap paint, ...


A bird-view, as you can see the board exists of 4 smaller board each (50cm x 50cm).


Frontal view, in the front the beach and after the beach, the dunes and bunkers all made of polystrene or "isomo". The tootpicks in the dunes will be used to attach camouflage nettings and the parts in the dunes that are marked with the stripes will be removed and replaced by bark.


And again the birds-view, what more can I say ...


Another close up of the dunes with the beachroad on the right.


On top of the dunes, roadmarkings and trenchmarkings, ...


Close up of the stairs and bunkerentrance in the dunes.


Dunes and bunker - boards

The painted version will be added soon, so stay tuned, ...