Thursday, November 1, 2012

Kickstarter: Assimilation Alien Host

Hi, I just found this interesting kickstarter with lots of gore creatures and even some alien hunters!

"The main factor driving this project is my lack of time for sculpting due to the success of Trollcast. While the new process is fantastic I have found most of my time is now used on production for other companies. My passion has always been sculpting and this Kickstarter is designed to allow me the time set aside for my own sculpting and create for the first time a full core force for Troll Forged Miniatures."


 "These are military trained troops with the mind set and gear to hunt down and destroy alien forces. The fight in small well armed groups with a wide range of gear and weaponry. Padded armor to protect from harsh elements and other nasty things such as acids, saliva, etc. Light armor means rapid movement and deployment while heavily armed weapons cut down the alien hordes. Add a unit of Alien Hunters at $29 for 15 or the amazing deal of $40 for 30 troopers. If you just want to pick up a couple of these minis you can add them at $3 a trooper as well. For those not interested in alien I've also added a pledge level for some troops in smaller numbers than those listed and a large bundle deal."
"The Hosts then become a combination of worm and "host" creature while the grub feeds from the host or uses it's new body to feed with. Below is the garage kit to show off the mutating grub."


"To get started I broke this force into several main creatures and have several more in the works. Being the owner and the production operator is going to allow me to bring you some fantastic value as well as product for your support.  The other large advantage here is that these would be the first product designed specifically for my new Trollcast system. This means superior product for the value, lets look at a few items. I also decided first 200 backers will have the choice of 5 trollcast bases free or 1 Grub worm of their choice. Grub worm will have 3 head styles with 3 body styles so 9 total worm to choose from. The free backer can only be taken one time and I have this in my backer list."

"The Swarm Adults are fully grown grub that are now functional and developed. They use a blind sight which forms during the host phase. These creatures tend to change during their growth cycle to perform certain tasks. The species in general uses less food as they become adults and their main goal is impregnation of queen grub. Below a shot of the garage kit followed by the concept art for the 28mm miniatures."


No comments: