Friday, June 1, 2012

Command and Conquer: Tiberian Alliances

Hi, I've finally succumb to play some online strategy games again. In the past I have been playing the most popular of them such as Travian and Tribal Wars. Tribal Wars was my most favorite as I had hundred of thousands of points and joined the largest alliances which were on my server. After a period of lesser gaming activity I decided to give all my cities to my alliance and quit playing online strategy games in favor of playing more tabletop wargames.

Well, untill I stumbled on Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances! I have always been a fan of the Command and Conquers series and the Age of Empire series but always played these LAN and never played them online. The advantage of this online game is that you always have opponents and you don't need to install the game on your computer! For those not familiar with the Tiberian Universe, it just like Warhammer 40K but more realistic as there are no Orks and other fantasy races only humans with a will to kill!

The online strategy game is based on expanding your territory and grow your base. To grow you must gather all sorts of resources such as energy and tiberium which can be gathered with farming machines and is stored in silos or plants. gathering these resources allows you to build more buildings or upgrade existing ones. You can also build your base defenses and of course create an army to loot and pillage other bases from both players and computer controlled bots.

In the picture below you can see my current base. the green fields are tiberium fields while the blue ones are energy fields. Please note that I have just started to play this game and I'm still not familiar with all the features and abilities of the game. But I've you like Command and Conquers you will also love this game.

Here's a picture of my current army which I use to destroy rebel settlements and protect my base. The fighting system in the game is very easy to learn as it is based around chosing the right place for your units to be deployed. The actual assault is all computer controlled but looks awesome! I hope you like this not so old school wargaming post.


No comments: