Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Mantic Games: What 2013 will bring!


Just found all this news from Mantic Games and it all looks awesome especially the Kings of War human faction! Well, I think it will be more of the same and whole loads of new!

DreadBall will be getting its first global tournament, as will Kings of War. We will have season 2 and 3 for DreadBall, the Ogres, the human army and 20 or so new units (starting with Goblins in January) for Kings of War too. We will be at all the major shows, and will be having a website upgrade too. So more of the same – oh, and we expect to keep offering friendly service, great games at reasonable prices – and keep in touch and talking with all the people who have got us this far!

And then there will be the new… We will be helping some of the great people we work with get funding for some of their incredible projects. We hope to work on our first licenced property later in the year and will also be looking to push on our own gaming systems to new heights. Specifically I would love to see a skirmish based game set in the Warpath universe hit the shelves in a big way (with all new sculpts, lots of elite units, simple but challenging game play and one or two very exciting game developments – ones I think missing from current war-game offerings).


I would like us to push DreadBall on perhaps beyond season 3, and of course Warpath will benefit hugely from a range of plastic vehicles, more units and a couple more armies. I think we can achieve all of these (and probably more – that we will make up along the way) so I hope you will join us for what promises to be yet another exciting year. I hope to see many of you in 2013 at the various shows, tournaments and open days, and I am sure we will catch up online if we don’t meet face-to-face. So I am looking forward to making 2013 another landmark year in the development of Mantic Games, and I hope you’ll be there to share the journey!

No comments: