Friday, January 27, 2012

The results of the Wargames Factory painting contest!



Hi, Finally I'm able to post some more wargame news as my studies took lots of my hobby time! Some while ago I started to regulary visit the Wargames Factory website to find some exciting news for my "wargame news" posts. There I stumbled upon their latest news, an upcoming painting contest with 9 categories based on their existing ranges with 45 chances to win - $2700 worth of prizes!

Five awards in each category:
  • 1st Prize is a $100 gift certificate
  • 2nd Prize is a $80 gift certificate
  • 3rd Prize is a $60 certificate
  • 4th Prize is a $40 certificate
  • 5th Prize is a $20 certificate

I carefully read the competition rules and saw it was allowed to enter with already painted and published miniatures. Therefor I decided to test my luck in the "Wars of Empire" category. I entered several new and old photographs of both my Zulu's and British soldiers. The amazing result? Two of my entries won awards in their category and granted me $140 of Wargames Factory miniatures! Not sure what I will buy but I guess there will be heading a lot of plastic to me from America.

First prize worth $100

The fourth prize worth $40


Stay tuned as I'm currently building a Maori Pa and I don't have any Maori! I've also started to paint some more Zulu's and other miniatures for my projects!

Greets,

1 comment:

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Hi, of course I will take a look!