Friday, April 1, 2011

The Three Musketeers!

Why another project?

Yes, I have enough projects but this rather small project wasn't planned at all! It all started when I was browsing on the most fun and interesting miniature forum: Lead Adventure Forum. There I saw a topic in which the friendly Comsquare was offering some free blisters from Gladiator Miniatures and because it was free I immediatly contacted him. The offer consisted out of 9 blisters from Gladiator Miniatures' Three Musketeer range! I've visited their website and was sold, really nice 25mm miniatures. So I asked to Comsquare what the cost would be to ship them from Norway to Belgium, not willing to mention the price I can tell you it was less than the costprice of 1 blister (€11.50)! So I quickly accepted the offer and now I have the miniatures and yet another project.

The plan

The plan is to paint these miniatures up so "fast" as possible as there are only 27 miniatures to paint. The primary aim is to game some three musketeer adventures with these guys such as pub brawls, protect mss X, ... But the secundary aim is to paint the civilians so they can be used throughout a serie of era's and projects such as my "England invaded" and "Conquering the unknown" projects (stretching the historical limits with no remorse).

The miniatures

As I told before the miniatures were manufactured by Gladiator miniatures but are now produced by Black Hat Miniatures. The miniatures are made out of lead and are 25mm scale, not my prefered scale but for a sideproject it really doesn't matter! The offer consisted out of 27 miniatures which included the three musketeers in costume and in civilian dress, six musketeers, a bunch of armed civilians (they can be used from pub brawl to the French Revolution I guess) and some others.

Here's a picture of the lot


And here's a picture of Athos, Porthos and Aramis in civilian dress. Nice chunky miniatures, I really like them!


Here's another picture, this time of some armed women, just love the pistol handling women!


So stay tuned for some more news about this of some of my other projects which can be found by using the labels! I also want to thank Comsquare for this marvelous gift!

Greets,

5 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

I like them...a great period,,,films of the 3 musketiers...Flashing blade (if you don´t know the series look it up on you tube)
Nice figs.
Cheers
Paul

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Thanks for the information I will look it up!

Beccas said...

Nice looking figures.

Ray Rousell said...

Great little skirmish game!

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Thanks hopefully they will look even better with a lick of paint!