Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just couldn't resist ...

Hi, today I'm showing you another purchase I did on the LAF forum, this time some 4th edition Warhammer Fantasy goblins! I never thought that I would buy Warhammer miniatures but I really loved their one posed old plastic miniatures and especially the goblins! The deal included 27 goblin archers, 24 goblin spearmen and 4 old goblins armed with thunderbuss from an old game called "Space Crusades".

The purchase of this lot doesn't mean that I will start to play Warhammer Fantasy but I will probably play some games with the new "Kings of War" ruleset from Mantic Games. But as I'm not a fast painter, this lot will probably be banned to the darkest corners of the cupboards because the painting line is way too long ...


The archers ready to fire some volleys!


A nice looking goblin phalanx!

Greets and many thanks to all of my followers but especially the new ones!

- James Brewerton from http://sywbpsmoke.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

That´s one lot of orcs!!
btw...mork has a blog but sometimes his link doesn´t seem to work:
http://mork6969.blogspot.com/
Cheers
paul

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Thanks! Yes, I thought he had a blog about WWII 1/72 figures and vehicles but I wasn't able to find the link.

Greets,

FIGZ said...

Thanks for the welcome!Feel free to become a friend of FIGZ as well! Go to www.figz.nl/en/ and join our site (near the bottom of the page). :-D

Arquinsiel said...

Have you seen the more recent "Skull Pass" Goblins? They're leaps and bounds more impressive and are genuinely beautiful models. If you dig around on certain websites you'll get a full set for very little.

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Hi,

@ FIGZ: officially joined! I hadn't noticed the followers section. Is Figz a yearly or monthly event?

@Arquinsiel: yes, I've seen the the skull passs goblins they look ace but I wasn't able to find them at discount prices? Are you able to give a pricetag to what "very little" means? and the number of goblins of course for that price.

By the way is your Arnhem project on a hold? I was really fascinated by it but it seemed to have stopped?

Greets and thanks for commenting!

FIGZ said...

@Belgian: Thanks for joining! FIGZ will be a yearly event and this year will be the first one! :-D

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Nice, I thought so I never heard of it before and it's only for 1/72 or smaller figures? (kind of strange? there aren't large wargame convention in the Netherlands a bit like crisis of are there?)

FIGZ said...

Not that we know of no. Like I mentioned in my previous post, this is the first FIGZ we'll organize. We hope that it'll grow in a couple of years to an event people will talk about, like CRISIS. So far we're expecting people from the Netherlands, Germany and even Belgium!

Yes the event is for miniatures scale 1/72 and smaller now. The larger scales are always well represented at large events so we thought it would be nice for a change to organize something for the smaller scales (1/72, 20mm, 18mm, 15mm, 10mm, 6mm, 3mm, etc etc).

Feel free to stop by! The entrance is free and the is atmosphere good! :-D

Arquinsiel said...

Try here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Battle-Skull-Pass-Night-Goblin-models-Sprue-/300544325640?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item45f9d67808

That's about 65 gobbos for under a tenner.

Arquinsiel said...

Also, the project is not so much on hold as just going very very slowly. I started working highly irregular hours and I've not really had much time to do more than build an occasional tank or base some infantry. I'm also hitting the point where my purchases are taking up nearly all my storage space and I need to re-plan it all.