Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New motivation method

Hi, as some regular blog visitor or follower will know I'm more a terrain builder than a miniature painter. In an attempt to stimulate myself to paint more miniatures, I've set my myself some goals and adapted some sort of motivation method.

Goals

I will paint each month at least 50 miniatures either 20, 25 and 28mm! In an attempt to record these numbers I've added a montly status on the right side of this post. If I manage to succeed these numbers I will paint at least 600 miniatures this year! For the month January I've painted 69 Fallschirmjager, 3 American Airborne Soldiers and 1 Pak 35, a staggering total of 73 miniatures.

Motivation system

Method 1

As motivation to reduce the massive amount of unpainted miniatures especially plastics, I've joined the "Honorable Lead Hoarder's Vow 2011". This vow, is a motivation to keep up the painting as the score is featured in my profile. The score depends on the purchase of new miniatures and your output of painted ones.

The formula: score = (mini's completed x 0,75) - ( purchased mini's)

Method 2

Another method is to give points to my painting results, each point equals an small amount of money by which I fund the hobby purchases. This amount of money is increased with a fixed sum of hobby money each month.

20mm miniature = 0.5 point
28mm miniature = 1 point
Finishing a unit = 20 points

I hope this post, didn't bored you too much!

Greets,

3 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Not boring...It´s a bit of a target you have set yourself though!!! If the other bits of life get in the way of it, then that might cuase annoyance. I personally never set targets...sometimes I even have days off from painting :-D I hope you can stick to the idea.
Greetings
paul

Beccas said...

I have done the same on my blog right down the bottom. My goal is to beat last years total.

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Glad, I haven't bored you,Paul! thanks to mention,otherwise I would have never noticed it.

greets,