Monday, June 21, 2010

American Airborne Battalion (15-20mm)

Hi, I today's post a new 1/72 battalion accompagnied with some jeep support! The jeeps are old seventies Atlantic jeeps and are upgraded with bits of Airfix. The driver and passengers are made by Airfix. The jeeps were purchased at 0.50 cents a piece at the B&B at Crisis 2009! A real bargain ready to be painted and upgraded.



Here are some new pictures of a new battalion! The battalion is a US airborne battalion which will be used for Normandy, Market Garden and the Battle of the Bulge. The figures are made by Airfix and were purchased in their D-Day box.

The battalion exists out of

- 1 commander (1 figure)
- 4 squads of 4 bases (32 figures)



The battalion waiting in the paintingline!

Greets,


5 comments:

Yori said...

You're a master of good prices!

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

I'm doing my best! And I already found a cheap supplier for second hand plastic miniatures 50 figures at 4 euros for every brand in his possesion. And for other cheap stuff I search at fleamarkets and crisis, the annual Belgian wargame exposition.

But wargaming is an expensive hobby for a student :p

Captain said...

Nice idea to use these jeeps, I can't wait to see them painted.
Regards,
Cpt.

Paul said...

Well done on the jeeps. They actually look more like the M151 mutts than the WW2 ones.

I must keep an eye out for these for my Vietnam forces.

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Hi everybody, thanks for commenting!

The jeeps are atlantic ones just found this review on plastic soldier.

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=359

Yes Paul, I also thought they were a newer type but well I can't be picky for that price. I just grabbed them and defended them with my life :p

The jeeps already received a coat of humbrol dark green! And 2 marine battalions are coated catachan green. So everybody stay tuned and please continue with commenting!

Greets,