Saturday, May 1, 2010

Shanty town (15-20mm)

Hi, here's some new progress on a thing I really wanted to make: a 15-20 mm shanty. However I don't have any suitable miniatures I stumbled on some rather nice 1/72 technicals and rebels from a dutch online retailler. So when I finished one of my projects (if you can finish a project?) I will maybe start a new one involving rebel factions, us army, nato, ...

Some of the buildings were ment to be bunkers or atolls for a scifi or stalingrad game but were eventually corporated in this project.


The entire shanty (some additions are likely to follow).


Some details on one of the huts.


The shanty with a FOW 15mm SS artillery spotter.


One of the hut bases. (chimneys were made out of balloonsticks).


Another hut base now with a walled court.


Random shot of some huts.



And at last another random shot.

I hope you like them.

Greets,


3 comments:

Tom H said...

Nice work!

I can just imagine these being great for modern/near future skirmish games, and they're making me pine for Gorkamorka.

Colonel Kane said...

Very nice work and inspiring too! How long did it all take to build?

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

I think about 2 hours, the estimated costprice is 2 euro's (but I still need some paint so + another 3-4 euro's) because all the things are collected from boxes, etc.

Greets,