Monday, April 5, 2010

Penal colony watchtowers

Hi, here's some progress on my "Chaos on the red planet" project. I finally started to build some terrain for this project more specified some watchtowers.

These watchtowers will be used to fence off the penal colony from the rest of the planet, from these watchtowers the guards can survey the plains in search of any threats or run away convicts.

Inspirated by the movie "the postman" I now also want to build some sort of miningfacility were the convicts are put to work. With mining equipment, corrugated sheds and storage barns, transportbands, ...

But again to my towers, searching through my stockpiles I found some old soupcans and some old sardinecans so why not glueing them together? So I had a basic shape to work from, I added some details but not much really.

Waiting for some more inspirating I watched "the postman" and put the watchtowers aside,...


Some of the used supplies: corrugated cartonboard, cans, cartonboard, ...


The basic shape of the tower, I have built 2 of these.

Greets,


1 comment:

Tony said...

Looking good so far.

Good luck with the project.

Tony
http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/