Saturday, October 10, 2009

Worldwar II vehicles (15-20mm)


Here are some photo's of my worldwar II vehicles collection, this collection isn't so great but I love the playability and the cheapness of this kind of wargaming material. All the following kits are airfix or heller, I know not the best plastic kits manufacturer on the world but they were a gift for a birthday some years ago. They were all part of the d-day anniversary box except for the tiger which was bought seperatly. All the vehicles were painted with 3 different humbrol paints and weren't weathered at all (I need to buy that tamiya weatheringset).

I forgot to dust the vehicles off so please don't enlarge the photographs :p



Some photo's of my shermantank, the tracks were broken :( so i have an trackless tank :p.
Anybody some idea to solve this problem on the cheap? I really don't like the airfixkit of this vehicle, the tracks and wheels are to small and to numerous. If I buy more shermantanks in the future they will be armourfast ones, easy to assemble and the same price like the airfix or heller kit.



The DUKW, this is my most beloved model of my small collection, it was only avaible throught the D-day box (I think because I never saw a plastic kit of it).



The GMC truck was the most basic truck used by the americans during the second Worldwar. So it was included in the D-day boxed set. I also love this model but again I hate to assemble those kits.


The last vehicle from the D-day boxed set, a willy's jeep also an easy kit

I now remember that there were also 2 landingcraft, a tractor and a flak 88, German, Americans para's and soldiers were included in the boxed set. (need to find them first :p)



And last but not least the famous Tiger 1, armed with a 88mm gun. This model was camouflaged with pieces of bandage soaked into PVA glue. This was done because the paintjob was really bad and the tracks were missing!! Yes, I had broke the tracks again? Did anyone experienced this also with old airfixkits?

So I hope you enjoyed the photographs but stay tuned for more,...


No comments: