Friday, May 5, 2017

The Drowned Earth: Kickstarter Tutorial Videos and Social Media Goals


The Drowned Earth Kickstarter is entering its final 10 days with plenty of cool stretch goals unlocked and loads of exciting Ulaya background and miniatures! Check the Kickstarter here

Tutorial Videos

Honestly, I thought I'd have these done ages ago. Luckily though, the stretch goal train kept on going! We've slowed down a little bit now though, and so I've had a few moments to put them together. Two will go up on our Youtube Channel this evening, and I hope to get another two up tomorrow in the afternoon and evening. 


Social Goals Smashed!

Two of our four social goals are gone gone gone! I'm pleased to announce that alongside the free Micro-RPG rules set everyone will be getting after the campaign, I'll also be writing a short adventure module for it. Thank all the folks on Facebook who've been busy helping us grow the campaign by sharing! If you haven't yet liked us on Facebook head on over and hit the thumbs up button, as there might be something special in store if we break another milestone before the campaign ends. Don't forget to hit the share button!

Thanks to all those likes I am going to include a Narrative Scenario in the rulebook. The book will contain the normal "vs mode" scenarios (5 or 6) as normal, but narrative scenarios were billed for a later release, as they are quite involved and more complicated. Anyway, I'm pleased about that as it'll give you all a taste of what's to come!


As you can see though, we're not done! Firstly, a few days ago I set up the "End of Campaign Push" thunderclap campaign. Our first Thunderclap was a roaring success, and I hope this one will be too. However, 250 is a big target! I hope we can make it, because despite being a lot of work, I think a quickstart ruleset will really help the game grow. Last off, Twitter. I love maps, and really would like to include one in the rulebook. We're not all that far away- we only need another 133 followers and its ours. 

A quick word of thanks

I hope you're all enjoying the buzz of the campaign so far. I have to say, I'm overwhelmed by people's enthusiasm. Sure, I felt like I'd made a great game and some beautiful miniatures, and I hoped that people would like it. To see the level of involvement and community which has sprung up from literally day one is amazing to see- people have sent me fan fiction, set up a Facebook Fan Page and I've received absolutely loads of complimentary and supportive messages. 

All I can say is thank you! It gives me even more energy and excitement to move to the next level, and make a truly great community, and a truly great game. My feet are firmly on the ground, and priority number 1, 2 and 3 are to get the kickstarter completed and delivered. Beyond that though, boy do I have some fun plans!

No comments: