Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Mantic Games: Dungeon Saga The Dwarf King's Quest Kickstarter Preview


Mantic Games: For anyone who missed it, Dungeon Saga: The Dwarf King’s Quest got a release date. Monday 4th August at 1:30pm BST to be precise! Alongside this news, a brand new blog about the game went up. Fey magic has dispelled the ancient seals that protected it, meaning that it is no longer password protected! Over at DungeonSaga, you can check out the brand new logo and box cover, as well as exceptional new coloured art by Heath Foley and awesome Undead miniatures sculpted by Sylvain and painted by Dave Neild.




2 comments:

The Lord of Excess said...

So far I don't get this project (I didn't get their Dwarf King "board game" either). To me it appears as though they are just dumping some of their minis in a box with some tiles and calling it a game. There are loads of dungeon crawler hack and slash minis based board games already, likely with far superior rules to anything Mantic is going to put out. I haven't heard very good things about their previous attempts at this.

Don't get me wrong I love Mantic, I like their pricing and much of their range has become better with time (they always seem to be trying to improve quality). I would rather have seen them do a fantasy dungeon bowl type game or a mordheim clone that you didn't need to have a grid for, etc.

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

I understand your issues but I haven't tried their dwarf King boardgame yet as I prefer Dungeon and Dragons for my dungeon brawl needs.

I have read some more about their new game and it seems their will be only 6 scenarios which is a low number in my opinion. regarding the miniatures I think all the miniatures in this new game will be new sculpts.

Cheers