Monday, July 21, 2014

Dampf's Panzerwagon: More Wargame Terrain Book by Tony Harwood Now Available to Order


Dampf Panzerwagon: Book Two More Wargame Terrain is now at the printers being printed. I would expect to have the first physical copies by 1st August, maybe slightly sooner. Like Book One, the first 100 books will be numbered and signed and again like Book One, once these have been sold I will hold a prize draw. The draw prize will be one of the 'scratch-built' models featured in the book.

"Book one was (rightly so) targeted at the beginner or novice terrain builder, with tutorials ranging from the simple, through intermediate to a couple of detailed or ‘signature pieces’. In Book Two, More Wargame Terrain, Dampfpanzerwagon Guide No.2, I intend to develop this theme while sticking to a familiar format that I think works. 

Most of the structures or buildings chosen for Book Two are meant to be generic, that is to say not rooted in any one genre or period and suitable for a wide range of gaming themes or wargames. They are however all inspired by some actual building, model or illustration that I have seen and admired. In Book Two I have attempted to vary the styles and techniques used, but this is difficult and I would hope that readers will allow or accept a little repetition of techniques used." Taken from the introduction - More Wargame Terrain. 

No comments: