Sunday, September 8, 2013

Galloping Major: The New Western Range!


Galloping Major: Well, I've been keeping this range close to my chest for quite some time, I started sculpting the first figures about the same time I started work on my French & Indian War range - there are loads more F&IW to come, but I'm better situated to start releasing "The Western Range" now too.

This range will see occasional releases between the French & Indian War range, and will probably just keep going on. I've started with the later Apache campaigns of the South West in the 1880s. Alongside these will be releases of civilians of all sorts suitable for the last three decades of the nineteenth century and a little beyond, ideal for gunfights on the streets of towns and smaller settlements as well as skirmishes with renegades and war parties of many nations.


As you can see, the first protagonists to be released will be the US Cavalry of the 1880s and Apache warriors. I'll be adding more pictures on this page and the Studio page, along with details of the appearance and equipment of the US Army at the time of Geronimo and other leaders of increasingly small but deeply feared bands of warriors on both sides of the Mexican border. More pictures here of miniatures including cavalry!

No comments: