Sunday, January 1, 2012

Projects for 2012

Hi, first of I want to wish you all a happy new year! Hopefully the new year will bring us lots of new miniatures and random happiness! As part of my yearly blog ritual I decided to sum up some of my ongoing projects, stopped projects and eventually new projects. We will start with the almost dead projects.

England invaded 1812 project. (click the title for more pictures and posts)

This project was started in 2011 and was intended to be a small skirmish game around the fictional French invasion of England involving all sorts of strange devices and robots. The used miniatures were part of a large lot of miniatures I had bought and included several Hinchcliffe French and British napoleonic troops. Most of these troops have been painted but I simply can't finish the remaining 10 miniatures.

The three musketeers (click the title for more pictures and posts)

This project was started when I was offered some 25mm Black Hat miniatures at bargain prices! I immediatly bought the miniatures as these were also intended to be used for skirmish wargaming using the "Gloire" rules. Again some of the miniatures were painted but all other are already basecoated and based. As part of decluthering my wargame cabinets, I've decided to put these miniatures up for sale at an even greater bargain price! The retail value is around €35, my selling price is a measly €21.50 for 26 miniatures and you don't even have to basecoat and base them! And about nine miniatures are already painted to a good wargame standard.

Now it's time for some ongoing projects!

The Pacific theatre of war (click the title for more pictures and posts)

This 20mm project is almost finished as all I need are some American, Japanese vehicles and finish two Japanese battalions. After that I need to make some island terrain!

Operation Sealion (click the title for more pictures and posts)

This project will probably be finished in 2012 as I have purchased most of the infantry and all I need is some motivation to paint them! Now I need to search some cheap and decent British artillery and some German and British vehicles and tanks. At the moment this is one projects I love the most due to the research and my love for the Second World War.

Conquering the unknown (click the title for more pictures and posts)

This massive 28mm projects is still in progress as I need to paint up dozens more of native warriors, arabs and British units together with some more terrain! But I hope to play some more games this year.

The new projects will be a Napoleonic Haitian rebellion skirmish project and many others but more on those in the future! Stay tuned as 2012 will bring some reviews of lovecraftian, fantasy and scifi books! I'm even granted to give away some signed copies of award winning authors!

And what are you new projects or promises for the new year?

Greets,

6 comments:

Hein said...

Happy New year. Let those blog post be published in 2012.

Ray Rousell said...

A Happy New Year to you!! The Haitian Rebellion sounds interesting??

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Thanks, the Haitian Rebellion will unfold within the upcoming months as I've recently finished one of the Haitian rebel units (kit bashed with wargames factory and victrix parts)!

Rodger said...

Happy New Year to you too.

Paul said...

Sounds like a good set of plans.

Happy New Year

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Happy new year to you both!