Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dark age village!

Hi, as some may have noticed there was a slight delay in posts as I enjoyed a great holiday in Salou in the past week! Now back in Belgium adjusting to the rather modest weather, I've decided to share some terrain pieces I've made earlier this holiday. I decided to make these pieces as I wanted some generic dark age houses for historical and fantasy skirmishes. First of all I made some dead easy A-framed houses based around a cartonboard core. The thatching was done by using my flax and PVA glue method which is easy but really messy. The planking was made out of stirring sticks which were extremly easy to cut as I've recently bought a really good multi-cutter.

I've also made a smaller granary using the same technics as in the previous buildings. The granary is elevated from the ground by poles.

Another shot of the granary.

I've also made some bush bases by using some fake plastic grass mat pieces based on a 3mm hardboard base.

I hope you enjoyed these pictures!

9 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Nice. The roofing method is very effective.
Cheers
paul

Paul O'G said...

Nice work - I hadn't seen flax used for thatching before.

Dan said...

Those look great well done!

Rodger said...

Good work. That thatching is really effective.

The Angry Lurker said...

Nice work especially the roofing.

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Thanks I was also suprised with the outcome of the flax roofing as I have been experimenting with the method for some months now.

John Lambshead said...

That thatching is very nice, J

Ray Rousell said...

Very nice effects, cool buildings!

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Thanks!