Sunday, August 14, 2011

Victoriana, 1891

Hi, here's a set-up I've made to see if I have enough terrain to fill up my table for a big game! The town I've created in the pictures is Victoriana, the main British colony in Mbuij Mayi located at the Lake of Mburi. In an attempt to fill up the table I've used all sorts of buidings and even started some more! In the future I hope to use the table to recreate the large game "Revenge of the Idol" in which the Mbuij Mayians try to regain their idols which were stolen by the British Colonial Army. The game would involve some hundred(s) natives and about 70 British and civilians. But it's another project which will take forever ...

In the first picture you can see the port of the colony which is overlooked by Fort Edward. The docks and warehouses are still under construction but you can see the intention.

In this picture you can see the corner of the table which is situated right of the harbor. This place will be probably used as an objective in which the natives must free some tribal leaders from the redoubt/ prison. The redoubt is made by stacking crates which are homemade. In this picture you can also see one of the larger square huts of which 4 were made and one smaller circular hut.

Another view of the harbor, with in the left corner a small beach with a smugglers/merchant hut. You can also see one of the idols which must be retrieved by the native rebel army. the pontoons on the photo were actually built for my Sealion Invasion force in 20mm and still need some finishing touches.

In the following picture you see the upper left corner of the table which houses the governors house which is partially walled.

In the last picture another overview of the colonial under construction, maybe I will set a bigger table in my wargame room of 2,5m x 1,5m! So I will probably need more buildings and other small bits!

Greets

6 comments:

Paul said...

Lovely work. It has a really nice feel about it.

Happy gaming!

DeanM said...

Fantastic terrain. Would love to game on it! Best, Dean

Andy said...

That is a very good set up!

Dan said...

That is an impressive set up. Looking forward to seeing you game on it!

Beccas said...

Thats really impressive. Great job.

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Thanks, I still need to paint up large parts of both forces! So the great game will be somewhere next year I guess :(