Friday, August 26, 2011

Revisiting a project!

Hi, here's another post about my ongoing French Napoleonic Army! During the last weeks I steadily painted some other French soldiers in an attempt to finish battalion number two by the end of august. It's likely I will reach the deadline as I only need to paint up an additional 3 grenadiers, 3 voltiguers and the commanding officer/flag bearer and drummer. I've also managed to attach a French Flag to the "finished" battalion but there were lots of problems.

First of all, the Victrix flag was too large for the Perry Miniatures flag bearer! I've finally solved the problem by chopping the flag pole in two. After that I glued the flag in place reinforced by a piece of tin foil and just put the smallest piece of the pole in the hole on the top of the flag. After the PVA was dried it was surprisingly strong! (next time I will take pictures of the progress much easier!)

The two battalions, all the battalions will be based upon wooden bases of warbases.uk.


A close up of the second battalion in progress. Each finished battalion will exist out of 24 soldiers in marching pose and 4 voltiguers.

Another shot of the second battalion.

Greets,

1 comment:

Ray Rousell said...

Nice looking troops, good idea with the flag!