Saturday, June 11, 2011

British landship "HMS Behemoth"

Hi, here's some progress I've made on my British landship the "HMS Behemoth" during the last month. This time, I've added the first deck of the tank which I completly made out of a wood and cartonboard superstructure covered with plastic card. After I had finished the deck, I decided to add the Airfix coastal gun which really fits the massive machine and while searching for the guns I also found a piece of an old plastic airport that I will use as a the upper balcony. The landship will really terrorise the natives as it is huge and will probably be able to kill hundreds of natives (if the steam engines don't blow up!)


I hope to finish this massive machine during the upcomming summer holiday!

I hope you enjoyed this small update, greets.

6 comments:

abdul666 said...

Already an impressive monster indeed!

peter said...

Looks good so far mate. Go on! I want to see more ;-)

Greetings
Peter

Dr. Willett's Workshop said...

Looks quite an unusual to go about it. Looking forward to see where you take it.

ColKillgore said...

It is shaping up well. Do you plan to add gun crew for the cannons or enclose them in a turrent?

ColKG

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Hi, thanks for all the comments!
I will probably use these untill I have bought some alternatives http://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/2011/05/colonial-british-gun-crew.html

The main twin barreled gun will stay uncovered but I will be adding 4 small enclosed cannons on the structure + a machine gun on the back of the balcony to cover the back of the vehicles against native attackers.

kingsleypark said...

Very interesting looking model you are putting together.

Definitely looking forward to what the final version will look like