Monday, August 10, 2009

Stalingrad (15mm part I)


Here you can see the first part of my Stalingrad project. This part covers the tractorfactory bureau which was my first piece for the stalingrad board. i tried to keep it standard so I can also use it for other setting like Berlin, Vietnam teth offensive, Paris, etc


Original building, ...


And my building in all it's glory with some trenches and a homemade fountain inspirated by the real fountain featered in the film "Enemy at the gates". You can also see some russian propaganda posters with slogans like "papa is todt" and a picture of the great leader "Stalin".


The building was made of cartonboard, textured with other pieces of cartonboard and sand. the rubble was made of cheap plaster and pieces of matches I cut to look like bricks. on this picture i still need to attach the pillars.


The backside of the building with a big hole, those damned german invaders!!


Another picture of the artillery damage and inside rubble,...

stay tuned,...


No comments: